OAKHURST COTTAGE FARMSTAY
A tastefully restored cottage built around 1890, with 2 ensuite bedrooms, large verandah, parlour and fully self-catering large timber kitchen, set in a private garden situated on a large sheep and cattle property. The cottage can sleep up to 6 people with quality linen, antique furniture and spacious living.
The Cottage is only 9 kms from Deepwater and is the perfect stopover on the New England Highway between Sydney and Brisbane. The cottage has its own private garden with a secure fence. The cottage is situated on a 2450 acre working farm enterprise comprising a Border Leicester stud, merino flock, prime lambs and cattle operation. There are hens, pet sheep and other farm animals in paddocks around the cottage. Your pets are welcome too. Children may enjoy patting the pet sheep or collecting the eggs.
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Kitchen Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Provided
- Non-Smoking Indoors
- Pets Allowed
- Pets by Arrangement
Master bedroom with ensuite, new comfy Queen size bed and with private veranda
Second bedroom has two king singles and a private ensuite
Formal dining and lounge room
- Feed the chooks and collect the eggs.
- Enjoy the antics of our pet sheep named TuTu located in the adjacent paddock.
View the Border Leicester stud ewes and lambs with supplementary feeding during autumn, winter and spring.
- See the Angus and Angus cross cows and calves calving in September/October each year. Be on the look out for our pet cow Poddy as she is extremely friendly and enjoys a long pat.
- Lambing of merinos (1200 ewes) during September.
- Shearing of sheep during school holidays at Easter and July.
- Tend to the veggie garden and pick farm fresh produce/herbs summer only.
- Fish in the local Deepwater River famous for Murray Cod, Yellowbelly and possibly Trout.
- Observe kangaroos, abundant birdlife and wildlife over the 2500 acres of bush walking.
- Enjoy the unique experience of walking over Mt Manbundi and seeing the 360 degree views over the district. Find the Trigonometry station erected in the 1960s.
- Come and see the frosts and the fresh mornings, perhaps even snow! Then home to the comfort of wood fires.
- Enjoy the peacefulness of your own fenced garden.
- Birdwatching, Bushwalking, Fishing in nearby Deepwater River,Golf, Meditation/Relaxing, Sightseeing, Swimming, Walking, Wine Tasting.
- Self Contained, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Microwave.
Oakhurst Cottage is located just 9 kms south of the village of Deepwater. Travelling north along the New England Highway take a right hand turn into Oakhurst Road, approximately 34 kms north of Glen Innes. Travelling south along the New England Highway take a left hand turn into Oakhurst Road, just 7 kms from the village of Deepwater. Take Oakhurst Road until you reach the cottage at the end of the road.
- Glen Haven Motor InnGIHVA2019-10-20T11:22:25+11:00
- Bullock Mountain HomesteadGIHVA2019-10-20T11:24:09+11:00
- Glen Rest Tourist ParkGIHVA2019-10-20T11:22:06+11:00
- River Glen B&B FarmstayGIHVA2019-10-20T11:21:28+11:00
- Three Waters High Country HolidaysGIHVA2019-10-20T10:29:43+11:00
- New England Motor LodgeGIHVA2019-10-20T11:21:48+11:00
- Oakhurst Cottage FarmstayGIHVA2019-12-19T10:58:33+11:00
- New England Highlands RV ParkGIHVA2019-12-10T15:45:44+11:00
- Fossicker Caravan ParkGIHVA2019-10-20T11:24:42+11:00
- Rest Point Motor InnGIHVA2019-10-20T11:25:27+11:00